At Samhita, we work to address the most wicked socio-economic problems in India and leverage our strengths, experience, and knowledge to fulfil our vision.
We work with multiple stakeholders to curate strategic partnerships that have the potential to create impact at scale. Through the power of collaboration, innovation, and evidence, we aim to create a sustainable and equitable future for all i.e., a better normal for all.
Samhita is a Mission driven Organization with a young, bright, passionate, committed and exceptionally inspiring team. We believe that great companies are built by great teams. This philosophy is at the heart of our vision for the organization we want to scale over the next decade. A company with people at its core, where people are the biggest differentiators. If you are looking for an organization that truly cares about people while bringing the best of class innovation into CSR – Samhita is the place for you. We solve problems through collective action.
The candidate will work closely with the Head of Research, Knowledge Management and Strategy at Samhita on 2 key areas – Research and Assessments. We are looking for someone who has an ability to be a thinking doer, who thinks laterally and entrepreneurially, and has both passion and a method for problem solving.
- Lend conceptual, methodological, and analytical rigor to applied research studies.
- Anchor research initiatives for clients, internal employees, and the sector.
- Aid and advise private sector clients on formulation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Strategy, through innovative research products and tools.
- Strategize and Develop MEL/MEAL systems for corporate clients
- Support in writing international grants, CSR proposals and contribute through regular publications and build innovative and relevant knowledge products.
- Develop learning modules and design and execute capacity building programmes for social sector professionals.
- The candidate will be expected to collate, curate, compile and analyse data and content from a plethora of secondary and primary research sources
- The candidate should have good data visualization and presentation skills by using creative and interactive tools
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience and expertise in conducting social impact assessments and other evaluations of development programmes.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Possesses an advanced degree in social research from a reputed institution and is well versed with development stakeholders and development challenges in India.
- Has at least 5+ years of combined experience in Social Sector Research and/or Social Impact Consulting.
- Has knowledge of all the latest qualitative analysis softwares like NVivo, Dedoose etc, in addition to the latest quantitative analysis softwares.
- Possesses strong conceptual, analytical, writing and communication skills and is familiar with the CSR ecosystem both in India as well as in some other countries.
- Has strong project management skills managing complex projects and teams.
- Has demonstrated success in proposal and grant writing and is familiar with grantmaking practices.
- Is familiar with evaluating both CSR programmes and CSR implementing agencies.
- Has experience of successfully designing and executing training and capacity building programmes for social sector professionals.
- Has the ability to connect dots and create strategies for Samhita and clients, based on insights garnered through secondary research and interactions with stakeholders.
- Candidates with prior experience in conducting social/environmental impact assessments, gender audits, ESG evaluations, Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis, will be given preference.
- Make a big difference: Take, Own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting edge Management and Research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your Linkedin page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.