At Samhita, we work to address the most wicked socio-economic problems in India and leverage our strengths, experience, and knowledge to fulfil our vision.
We work with multiple stakeholders to curate strategic partnerships that have the potential to create impact at scale. Through the power of collaboration, innovation, and evidence, we aim to create a sustainable and equitable future for all i.e., a better normal for all.
Samhita is a Mission driven Organization with a young, bright, passionate, committed and exceptionally inspiring team. We believe that great companies are built by great teams. This philosophy is at the heart of our vision for the organization we want to scale over the next decade. A company with people at its core, where people are the biggest differentiators. If you are looking for an organization that truly cares about people while bringing the best of class innovation into CSR – Samhita is the place for you. We solve problems through collective action.
Based out of: Remote
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.
- Support the development of the overall MEL and knowledge strategy for RKMS
- Work closely with implementation to execute the MEL strategy of individual cohorts under the various programs
- Execute research projects end-to-end – developing research design, sampling strategies, designing cohort-specific survey instruments, digitization of survey instruments (SurveyCTO), training of enumerators, testing survey instruments, conducting high-frequency checks, cleaning and analysis (STATA, R, Python), creation of reports and insights based on analysis and data visualization, conduct qualitative interviews to develop case studies and triangulate findings.
- Support the RKMS team to design quasi-experiments and test certain hypotheses with respect to returnable grants and other blended finance models.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to implement experiments – hypothesis creation, getting stakeholder buy-in, creating random samples, designing treatment (intervention), executing timely data collection, and trouble-shooting challenges.
- Support efforts to enhance agency M&E systems and standards by developing SoPs and technical guidelines.
- Provide timely and robust information to promote the dissemination of learning, better project cycle management, and facilitate evidence-based decision-making through the provision of technical analysis, both internally within Samhita and externally with partners and donors.
- Engage regularly with different clients that support RKMS individual cohorts with the aim of fulfilling the MEL responsibility
- Support knowledge creation and dissemination of insights in a regular and innovative manner for a variety of digital platforms, including Samhita’s website, blogs, videos, email newsletters, social media, publications, and more
Relevant Skills Include
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required (economics, statistics, econometrics, public policy, or other related disciplines)
- 4+ years of experience working with on-ground social impact research projects and managing their end-to-end execution (including research design, sampling, tool creation and data collection and analysis)
- Excellent understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods (econometrics, statistics, and research design)
- Strong ability to balance the study design and rigour with implementation practicalities
- Demonstrated experience working on statistics software (Excel, STATA, R, Python, MATLAB, Julia)
- Demonstrated experience working on data visualisation tools (Google Data Studio, Flourish, Tableau)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent team management skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English (and fluency in other local Indian languages – Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A flexible work style. Someone that can work easily with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with short timelines.
- Emotionally intelligent. Work with a variety of colleagues with empathy, an open mind, and self-awareness.
Mission-driven organisation with the most inspired people around
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.