Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for individuals who love problem solving and are self-starters that love to work in a fluid, dynamic environment with evolving challenges and opportunities for constant learning.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop new partnerships adhering to the appropriate proposition channels (Sourcing exciting partnership solutions; Negotiating attractive partnership deals and ensuring mutually beneficial partnership terms that are in line with business objectives and strategy; Maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners)
- Undertake data mining and production of reports to drive partnership strategy.
- Planning and prioritising partnership activities. (Identify and source partnership opportunities; research funders, identify key players and generate interest)
- Assist in developing partnership proposals. Creating documents that tell compelling stories of our impact and outcomes, incorporating partner feedback and meeting client requirements
- Develop a strategic approach to partnership development including renewed revenue and referral objectives.
- Support the strategic management / development of existing relationships to drive incremental funding growth.
- To communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using the appropriate methods to facilitate the development of a profitable business and sustainable relationships
- To attend and where required, present at external customer meetings either individually or alongside other company colleagues with the aim of aiding partnership development.
- To attend marketing events such as conferences and exhibitions in support of the partnership objectives
- Keep a great ongoing relationship with current partners and offer new ways to grow the partnership by cross selling/ up-selling etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of strategy and Business Development experience. Prior experience in development sector is preferred.
- An appetite for business development and acquisition of new partners and funding opportunities, from researching to pitching, presenting and securing business.
- An ability to thrive in a target driven team (a track record of success in building strategic partnerships preferred)
- Excellent relationship management skills across complex senior stakeholder groups.
- Collaborative working style, with excellent communication and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A broad understanding of the social development space (2-3 years exp preferred) would be an advantage
- A proactive and action driven professional attitude and approach with the ability to generate ideas, think innovatively, challenge the status quo and problem solve.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent multitasking & networking skills
Work Location: Remote
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]