Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
Associate Director – Strategic Partnerships, will be responsible to acquire new large partnerships by creating a sales strategy, executing on this strategy, building & maintaining a healthy & growing funnel of potential opportunities, managing the funnel to ensure effective progression of opportunities across the sales cycle and an acceptable close rate, and help Samhita deliver 50%+ revenue growth year-on-year while proportionately increasing margin.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- A Business Acumen – adept at identifying new clients and opportunities. Build and utilize knowledge of current & future industry practices and trends to position Samhita as a trusted advisor and critical business partner. Actively demonstrate knowledge of competition to proactively position Samhita against competition.
- A Drive for Results – work on high return and profitable opportunities. Execute against the plan, adjusting as appropriate or as the business. Take initiatives to work independently with a vision of the end state in mind. Self-motivated and motivate others to achieve maximum results.
- A knack of selling to large conglomerates and address the complexities associated with the decision making process.
- Good interpersonal skills and skillful to interact with decision makers, including C-level officers while demonstrating responsible decision making in stressful or unexpected situations. Understand the role of all parties involved in a negotiation and their motivations, sensitivities and intentions.
- Good knowledge and broad understanding of all solutions offered by Samhita and are able to effectively articulate the business value of each in ways that resonate with our Clients. Ability to effectively engage solution specialists in a way that best serves the interests of our Clients.
- Exceptional presentation skills and can deliver clear concise presentations with enthusiasm and passion that demonstrates knowledge of our business services. Restate main concepts and gain agreement from Clients on actionable next steps towards closing the mandate.
- Ability of responsible decision making under stressful or unexpected situations. Diffuse conflicts in ways that create additional value and leads to new opportunities. Make sound business decisions based on experience, wisdom and thorough understanding of the situation.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate with peers, managers and co-workers across Samhita. Openly communicate, provide timely feedback and share ideas.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and represent Samhita as a thought leader to competitors, Clients, implementing partners, professional colleagues and employees.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, with high energy levels, and who naturally builds relationships. Candidate should be result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
- You have a proven track record of new business acquisition and 15+ years of experience of sales practices, tactics and tools of developing value propositions with partners.
- Passionate about growing the business and a demonstrated ability to persevere in the face of obstacles.
- Outstanding communication skills, strong interpersonal skills. You know what it takes to set the right expectations and effectively communicate them.
- Can work stressful situations, also understand and can find your way around to find effective solutions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change. Structured and analytical approach to solving problems.
- You are someone who loves taking initiative, you do not hesitate before taking on new responsibilities and can juggle between multiple projects.
- Stellar planning with the ability to prioritize amidst various / sometimes conflicting priorities. Adept at scoping out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and an ability to break down process steps.
- You are an inspirational leader who can motivate and energize teams and clients
- You have strong experience of working with senior leaders with the ability to generate and communicate unique value propositions.
Work Location: Mumbai
We believe that great companies are built by great teams. So we value and nurture our people, and recruit those who share our passion for impact and excellence.
We are young and dynamic, and believe in creating opportunity for individuals and ideas to grow. At Samhita, we invite initiative and innovation, and solve problems through collaborative action. You can make a difference in this mission-driven organisation, by using your skills to solve some of the toughest challenges facing modern India. We are looking forward to hearing your ideas.
How to apply:
Send us your resume with a one-page cover letter telling us what excites you about joining Samhita to [email protected]