Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcomeoriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, profit and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing Technology team. Apart from assessing the changing needs of the business, you will be responsible for performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting and mapping processes, collaborating with UX and drawing user journey, and performing and driving user acceptance testing. You will be the vital link between our information technology capacity and our business objectives. You would be supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product features that are directly impacting our tech strategy. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Conduct interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
● Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
● Elicit, analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers, implementation partners, funder engagement team, clients or any other end users.
● Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritise collected requirements.
● Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
● Research, review, and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
● Assess change-proposals and define solutions to help the organisation achieve its goals
● Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
● Work with the training team to document system scenarios and identify roles impacted to help develop a change management/training plan.
● Conduct business process modelling and generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team.
● Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish customer classes, personas, as well as their
● Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
● Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
● Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
● Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
● Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
● Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
● Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernise systems.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
● Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
● The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
● Excellent documentation skills.
● Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development
● Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
● Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
● Competency in applications that can be used as Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Charting, Prototyping, Wireframing
● A track record of following through on commitments.
● Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
● A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
● Strong customer service orientation.
● Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
Based out of: Mumbai/Delhi
● Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
● Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge
management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an
environment that fosters growth and creativity
● Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
● Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for
excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by
international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
● Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.