Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for a full-time associate to support in driving Samhita’s communication efforts for its Advisory Services and Collaborative platforms. They will be directly involved in the designing and implementing campaign plans and communication strategies, creating thought leadership with key strategic partners as well as support in authoring research-led and through leadership articles under the guidance of the Communication lead and team members across the program. The candidate will also work with external stakeholders to further the fund’s campaign and communications goals, as well as support on client engagement initiatives.
- Programs: Support in delivering campaigns and communications strategies aligned with Partner Interests and alliance goals and objectives. Implement creative strategies, curate thought leadership content, manage communication platforms like social media, media, and contribute towards creating communication collaterals like videos, websites, infographics etc.
- Research-led: Create a database of relevant research to understand latest trends in the sector to articulate narratives across various sectors so as to inform creation, language and means for effective communication strategies.
- Building a knowledge base through authoring articles and blog;
- Curating evidence of impact and best practices (from India and global experience)
- Creating actionable models for different stakeholders from the knowledge base
- Generating a steady stream of reports, articles, blogs etc.
- Documenting processes and creating standardized templates for all stakeholders
- Stakeholder Management: Maintain active liaison with all key Communications stakeholders and internal + external stakeholders
- Project Management Support: Support with creating project reports and proposals with both internal and external stakeholders including vendor management
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Masters in Journalism, Public Policy or relevant field with 3-4 years of work experience in writing and research
- Experience in knowledge dissemination, writing and campaign development
Working, coordinating and creating with a varied set of stakeholders from clients to partners to publications Experience in working with a wide range of formats
- Experience in development of creative concepts
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Should be able to multitask and work in cross-functional teams.
Based out of: Mumbai/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.