Reporting to the Director Finance & Operations, the Compliance Manager shall be responsible for overall compliance, preparation/management of agreements with sub grantees and other agencies, coordination & communication with technical team, resolution of compliance related queries. The Incumbent will be required to develop compliance checklist, updates & calendar and share with clients and partners. S/He stays updated about the latest legal development in matters related to both for-profit sector and non-profit sector.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Company Secretary / Chartered Accountant
2. Qualification of LLB desirable.
3. At least 5 years professional business or financial management experience which includes three years of grant financial management experience.
4. Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to local and state government grants, capacity building proposals.
5. Experience of working with grants or contracts funded by reputed international donors and corporate donors will be considered a significant plus.
Skills and Competencies:
1. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, as well as with staff at remote locations;
3. Competence in managing and analysing financial reports and data, including proficiency in Excel;
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks, stay focused under pressure, think strategically and implement aggressively;
5. Result orientation with strong customer and process orientation;
6. Ability to work independently and as a team player, in a complex, multicultural environment;
7. Strong planning and organizing skills;
8. Assertive with strong negotiation skills;
9. Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment;
10. Excellent oral and written communication, both in English and Hindi;
11. Willingness and ability to travel as necessary (upto 30% of the time).