Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We create customized CSR strategies aligned with our client company’s values, expertise, products and long-term vision and drive effective implementation leading to long-lasting change.
Our CSR Consulting practice has facilitated over 50 leading companies to understand their CSR needs, shape CSR strategy, manage program implementation, facilitate partnerships between companies and social enterprises and assess on-the-ground impact of such initiatives.
Samhita works across the spectrum of sectors and industries with a wide range of companies like Godrej Consumer Products Limited, HSBC, Arvind limited, MasterCard, S&P Global, Hindustan Unilever, RBL, IKEA India, Pernod Richard India Foundation, HDFC Capital among others.
The CSR Implementation Head will partner with the government, clients, implementation partners and work with the implementation team to ensure effective and efficient implementation of programs.
- Lead the strategic alignment, direction and implementation of various projects and programs across regions. Build and implement the operational roadmap in alignment with the 3-year strategic plan.
- Bring together multiple stakeholders, especially the government, companies, implementation partners and international aid agencies.
- Lead the development, adaptation, testing and mainstreaming of best/good practices in needs assessment, project design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, and research.
- Work with the program implementation team to make sure every project being implemented (and developed) has a Log Frame or Results Framework.
- Ensure optimal coordination and collaboration of team members with relevant teams and contribution to relevant organizational initiatives.
- Provide regular value-added reports that identifies & tracks the status of programs, projects, milestones and deliverables. Ensure effective and efficient program monitoring; reporting processes are in place and implemented for all program activities.
- Ensure that lessons, learning and research around program quality is carried out and used for program quality improvement. Have and institute the highest standards of client impact and client service – be a role model and mentor on these dimensions.
- Assist in raising capital from the private sector for executing innovative, holistic and high impact projects across cause areas.
- Drive a culture of coaching and mentorship to facilitate capacity building of team.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s stakeholders and implement measures to control risks.
- 15+ years of experience in on-ground implementation in the social sector.
- Inspirational leader who can motivate and energize teams and clients.
- Ability to quickly develop both an intuitive and data-backed view of customers’ needs and how to meet those needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change. Structured and analytical approach to solving problems.
- Stellar planning with the ability to prioritize amidst various / sometimes conflicting priorities. Adept at scoping out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and an ability to break down process steps
- Team player who can work effectively with peers and the founder.
- Ability to bridge the gap between the non-profit and for-profit worlds. Exposure to strategy, CSR and private foundations would be a definite advantage. Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve is a must.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes.
- Demonstrated success of developing and evaluating program models and NGOs, and selecting and operationalizing programs.
- Strong knowledge of the development landscape in India and around the world, including an in-depth understanding of the roles of various stakeholders (government, academia, international institutions, foundations, non-profit and corporate organizations).
Work Location: Remote / preferably based in Mumbai
- Make a big difference: Take, Own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting edge Management and Research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your Linkedin page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.