Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
- Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
- To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives.
- This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, pro- t and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
- The role sits within the central Data, Analytics and Knowledge teams, which are responsible for all data, analytics, insights, reports, and knowledge products within Samhita spanning across all programs.
- The person will play a critical role as the data custodian to take ownership of data collection, monitoring and usage while putting in place data quality and integrity checks, governance protocols and standard processes to manage data lifecycle.
- The role will involve building and managing standard dashboards, enabled by the Technology team, for internal Samhita stakeholders, as well as external stakeholders like funders, and other partners.
- This role will also involve performing ad-hoc and deep dive analyses of the customer and partner data for insights with regards to operational efficiency and effectiveness of programs and interventions. Storytelling in the form of dashboarding will be necessary to present insights.
- In order to perform the above-mentioned functions, the person will need to closely liaise with internal stakeholders such as the Implementation team, Technology team etc. and also with external stakeholders like lenders, implementation partners and other alliance partners.
Roles & Responsibilities
- All types of data analysis including univariates and bi-variates, hypothesis testing, scenario analysis, finding correlations in data, and other standard and ad-hoc analyses to uncover drivers of program effectiveness and operational efficiencies and thereby help drive a culture of data driven decision making in the organisation and also help development of standard and custom data products
- Design and create dashboards for different products, programs etc. catering to a wide variety of stakeholders
- As data custodian, responsible for setting standards and streamlining processes in the data lifecycle to ensure high quality of data, and ensuring those are followed across all stakeholders
- Collaboration with internal Samhita-CGF stakeholders and clients/partners to do all of the above
- Needs to have good oral and written communication skills, to be able to work independently and effectively with all internal stakeholders in order to collect, manage and use data
- Critical thinking to challenge norms, and strive for continuous improvements in data products and processes
- Troubleshooting data related queries
- BA/BSc. Degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with R/Python
- Experience with SQL databases
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Access, Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI and Tableau will be an advantage but not essential
- Problem solving mindset and being open to working in an agile environment
- Effective communicator and collaborator in a matrix/network organisation setting
- Knowledge and understanding of information collection, analysis, distribution systems and modern database systems or ability to adapt
- Problem solving, time management, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Team player and self-starter
Work Location: Mumbai/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected]