Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines
business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental
guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to
ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build
catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, profit and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Technology team. You will be responsible for expanding and
optimising our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross functional
teams. You should be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems and
building them from the ground up. As a Data Engineer you will support our MEL(Monitoring and Evaluation) team,
Implementation team, Funder Engagement team, software developers on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data
delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting
the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. If you are the right candidate then you would be excited by
the prospect of optimising or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of
products and data initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Analyse and organise raw data.
● Build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and data systems.
● Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
● Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition,
operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
● Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
● Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling and build algorithms and prototypes.
● Combine raw information from different sources and explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
● Identify opportunities for data acquisition and develop analytical tools and programs.
● Collaborate with functional teams and engineering teams on several projects and work with stakeholders
including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
● Technical expertise with data models, data mining, data structuring and segmentation techniques.
● Proven Knowledge of SQL, DAX, Python, R, Advanced Excel and similar scripting and query languages.
● Experience in ETL development.
● Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift and any other data cloud services.
● Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Zoho Analytics.
● Experience in Data Cleaning, Creating Data Pipelines, Data Modelling, Storytelling, Dashboarding.
● Experience in using data connector APIs.
● Great numerical and analytical skills.
● Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
Based out of: Mumbai/Delhi
● Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
● Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge
management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an
environment that fosters growth and creativity
● Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the
lives of millions – doing well by doing well
● Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for
excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by
international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation,
The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation,
UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
● Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.