Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
- Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
- To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives.
- This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, pro- t and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
- The role sits within the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team, the team responsible for collecting and analysing the impact and effectiveness of the projects undertaken by Samhita-CGF and delivering change management solutions to clients.
- This role includes cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders quick consolidation and management of backend data, which will help to effectively monitor the progress of our projects over a particular period of time.
- The role is integral for the organisation’s REVIVE Alliance, through which we hope to reach out to 10 million individuals in the next 5 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate and communicate with internal Samhita-CGF and clients/partners for data collection.
- Streamlining and consolidating data in a format that can be easily used for reporting
- Responsible for reviewing the data for anomalies/inconsistencies
- Updation, monitoring and maintaining of the internal Samhita-CGF databases and dashboards
- Assisting in the creation of reports in adherence to Samhita/CGF/client’s standards
- Communicating with the internal teams on regular intervals for data requirements and changes
- Generating ideas for better flows, forecasting and database management for projects
- Troubleshooting data related queries
- BA/BSc. Degree in Computer Science, Decision Sciences, Data Science or related field
- 2-3 years of experience as a data manager
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Access, Excel
- Experience with SQL databases, Linux, Python, Perl preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI and Tableau will be an advantage but is not essential
- Basic knowledge and understanding of information collection, analysis, distribution systems and modern database systems or ability to adapt
- Problem solving, time management, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Team player
Work Location: Mumbai/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.