Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, profit and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
The incumbent is expected to screen and implement financial inclusion projects and partnerships.
S/he is expected to build partnerships and collaborations and in the process identify right partners for implementation.
The role will focus on providing technical guidance to Samhita teams engaged in partnerships with financial service providers for successful deployment of projects.
The incumbent along with team members will train financial service providers and other key stakeholders in the industry about the financial needs of beneficiaries by organizing workshops and focus groups.
Perform other related duties as required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building financial models using historical data and providing forecasts based on various industry- related operating metrics.
- Conducting Scenario Analysis based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk.
- Ensuring accurate modelling of allocated portfolios and developing new transaction models and enhancing the existing models.
- Recommending and Implementing process for improvements to programs and prepare forecast.
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions.
- Updating financial models during earnings seasons and following corporate actions.
- Analyzing and identifying data requirements related derivation rules and model tracking.
- Capital Structure Analysis and Comparable Company Analysis
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 14+ years of experience on performing financial modelling, financial analysis, valuations etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in financial inclusion for poor. Deep understanding of beneficiaries and their needs.
- Experience of working with NBFCs, research institutes, banks or consulting firms is a must.
- Excellent knowledge & experience on preparation of high quality power point presentations, excel based financial modelling & analysis.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Proven experience with financial analysis and expertise in Formulas, charts, macros.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Competency in investment appraisal techniques like NPV, DCF, IRR etc
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Candidates with MBA / CFA/ CA qualifications are preferred
Based out of: Mumbai/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.