Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be a part of the planning and support brand building and awareness initiatives across the board.
- Provide communications support to donors and partners and build co-branded campaigns to drive interest and engagement including social media posts, impact stories, articles, and online/offline events
- Create and support marketing campaigns that effectively reinforce and build the brand image as and when required including decks, social media, impact stories, scripts, articles, and online/offline events
- Plan and execute events for increasing brand visibility & engaging with various audiences.
- Enhancing the organization’s share of voice (SOV) and media presence
- Have an existing network of journalists and publications that can be immediately utilized for PR purposes, predominantly on a pro-bono basis.
- Build and create new avenues of media outreach with online/digital as well as offline publications
- Leverage present partnerships and forge new strategic partnerships to augment brand reach and awareness.
- Write in-depth, publication standard content with a mix of thought leadership pieces as well as human stories
- Consistently conduct industry and competitor research to identify latest trends and help the team stay ahead of the curve
- Creating communication for leadership: This will include ad hoc communication for Samhita, which comprises of presentations, speeches, and soft pointers. The leadership usually has at least one engagement every two weeks.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- At least 8-9 years of work experience in Marketing and Communications, and PR. Knowledge of financial instruments is an added advantage.
- Experience of working with senior leaders with the ability to generate and communicate unique value propositions.
- An understanding of customers’ needs and how to meet those needs.
- Practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others even if he/ she disagrees.
- Stellar planning and organizing skills, with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize amidst various sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, with proven contribution to team goals and objectives.
- Speed, flexibility, and adaptability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be an innovator, problem solver and quick to learn.
- Must place value integrity, respect, and collaboration.
Based out of: Mumbai
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected]