Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and committed manager to create and forge close and strong relationships with large corporates, donors and multi-lateral agencies to build an ecosystem that can facilitate social change at scale
Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Lead Generation and Market Analysis
- Identify and generate leads for potential customers / donors (directly / indirectly) to
- explore potential business opportunities
- Conduct research of market and environment to assess customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Identify, evaluate and track opportunities for lead generation like events, conferences
- and seminars. Also participate in such forums as and when required
- Manage client relationships end to end, from the point of initial contact to solutioning to keeping them abreast of implementation and the impact of the work undertaken
- Work closely with other teams to develop impactful proposals based on alliances for corporates &donor organisations
- Document best practices, specialized solutions, and integrate them while developing impactful proposals
- Act as a liaison between the operational teams and key client contacts
- Effectively communicate about work being done both internally and externally through various media working closely with the outreach team
C. Development and Capacity Building
- Engage with implementation team and partners and ensure that strategy and implementation are in sync
- Nurture new talent
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business, marketing or related field of study with 8+ years of strategy and consulting experience. Prior experience in development sector is preferred but not essential
- Good commercial understanding
- Good interpersonal, facilitating and influencing skills to engage a wide spectrum of external and internal stakeholders
- Able to conceptualize and turn around thoughts and ideas into clear and persuasive concept notes and presentations
- Open mind set that is attuned to the evolving business needs and dynamism of the organization
- Ability to work in a team and leadership experience in managing a team.
- Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
Work Location: Mumbai/Bangalore/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected]