Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
We are looking for a full-time individual responsible for planning, development and implementation of Samhita’s and its initiatives marketing strategy, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position will support, lead and direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations vertical and coordinate at the strategic and operational levels with the other functions of the program
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning and implementation of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach across PR channels
- Brand building and impact communication with internal and external stakeholders
- End-to-end creation (Writing, Editing, etc.) of internal or external collateral, blogs and publications. Create and disseminate newsletters and e-mailers. Creating communication for leadership and outreach teams: presentations, speeches etc.
- Development and maintenance of media contacts and lists;
- Organize events to engage our various stakeholders Engage and strategise for partnerships and visibility
- Create new and leverage existing partnerships with network channels and publications to augment brand reach and awareness
- Create and source media and event engagement opportunities like market commentary, dissemination of research and knowledge reports, leadership visibility etc.
- Engaging the media for brand announcements, knowledge publications etc. – Co-managing events – leading outreach, overseeing logistics, designing collateral, writing report
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in knowledge dissemination, writing and campaign development
Working, coordinating and creating with a varied set of stakeholders from clients to partners to publications
Experience in working with a wide range of formats
- Experience in development of creative concepts
- 3-5 years of work experience in Corporate Communications in the development sector
- Strong experience of working with senior leaders with the ability to generate and communicate unique value propositions.
- Existing relationships with publications and experience in managing press engagements
- Possesses strong conceptual, analytical, writing skills and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Has a tenacious approach to project management, delivery and follow-up.
- Has experience in content writing, editing and designing blogs, newsletters.
- Candidates who are familiar with the latest digital tools and technologies in disseminating knowledge and have successfully executed knowledge co-creation, would be given preference.
Work Location: Mumbai/Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply:
Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.