Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita-CGF is an impact catalyst – we are pioneers and innovators in the social space, and are passionate about bringing together stakeholders from the private, public, philanthropy, social, and financial sectors, and collaborating to bring about unprecedented catalytic change. In alignment with UNSGDs, we are on a mission to positively impact 10 million lives by 2030, 50% of which will be women, by co-creating measurable, scalable and sustainable solutions that are CSR and FCRA compliant.
Over the past 13 years since our establishment, we have already impacted over 16 million lives, while partnering with 350+ social organizations, 250+ corporate and individual donors, and 30+ government foundations and international aid agencies. We aim to drive holistic social development for our participants by ensuring they are given access to multiple interventions ranging from livelihoods, skilling, social protection, digital empowerment, and financial inclusion.
ONDC is an open-source network for digital commerce which intends to “democratise digital commerce” by carving a level-playing field for the e-commerce giants and the small sellers. It is looked upon as the UPI for e-commerce having the capability to fuel the growth of the e-commerce market in India. In the ONDC network, sellers can voluntarily choose to display their products and services throughout the platforms and apps which have joined the same. This initiative will not only facilitate the rapid adoption of e-commerce but also boost and strengthen the growth of start-ups in India. By facilitating scalable and cost-effective e-commerce through the open protocol, ONDC will empower start-ups to grow collaboratively.
The Project Lead will be responsible for building a sustainable model for a social sector E-commerce seller network on the ONDC platform ranging across categories like retail, food processing, handicrafts, handlooms, Apparel, Agriculture, Farmers, Electronics. The incumbent will be accountable for collaborating with diverse stakeholders including social sector organisations, ONDC, e-commerce experts, marketing specialists etc. to successfully on-board women sellers across a variety of Indian States and Industries, empowering them through capacity building and market linkages via ONDC. The project aims to digitize their businesses, granting them access to expanded markets and financial services within the burgeoning open e-commerce ecosystem.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will conduct in-depth research to identify the cohorts, geographies, partners, and industries most suited to onboard the ONDC Platform within given timelines
- Will run pilot programs across cohorts, geographies and partners and use the learnings to develop a playbook and onboard Entrepreneurs on the ONDC platform
- Enable women entrepreneurs to get on boarded as sellers by building their digital and entrepreneurship capabilities, providing them access to financial services and making them ONDC and e-commerce ready to maximize the advantages of the platform.
- Drive and deliver growth and marketing campaigns focused on getting the sellers to the platform and take ownership of identifying, onboarding, executing and scaling up of the model, and building use cases.
- Will be responsible for driving the seller network, revenue numbers, increase in income and engagement on the platform consistently.
- Manage end to end seller lifecycle management and work towards building models that are easy to onboard, navigate and do business on the network.
- Closely work with the sellers and understand their pain points, resolve problems, and work towards making the entire process seamless.
- Build capacity of partners to support development several other social sector seller participants to create exponential impact
- Deploy a plan in collaboration with other support teams to increase the incomes of the women entrepreneurs
- Partnerships and pipeline of funding \ contributions to support the onboarding to be established.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 15 to 18 years of experience in the program management role, should have handled large scale mandates.
- E-Commerce experience will be a plus.
- Post-Graduation degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field from a reputed college
- Strong hold on data, number crunching and data analysis is mandatory
- Ability to multitask and work with multiple stakeholders and diverse set of requirements
- Proven track record of building programs from scratch and executing and scaling it will be an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible work style, someone that can work easily with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Work Location: Mumbai \ Delhi
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, Omidyar Network, Walmart Foundation, Microsoft India, Google India, Adidas India, Tata Motor Finance and many more.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected]