Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the center of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
The role sits within Samhita’s Growth and Innovation team, the apex team responsible for developing and scaling new initiatives as well as orchestrating programs/ initiatives within the organization. The role requires collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to create pitch decks, track existing programs and develop a broader strategy for the organization. The role is integral for the organization’s REVIVE Alliance, through which we aim to impact 10 million lives in the next 5 years.
- Undertake secondary research on a host of social issues, competition analysis, market landscaping etc.
- Create conceptual notes, proposals, and pitches on Samhita’s thematic areas of work like livelihoods, health at workplace, women’s empowerment etc., that require critical analysis and strategic thinking
- Translate the above work into crisp decks
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements
- Work with data and analysis tools for program management and insights
- Take on and manage multiple projects going on simultaneously
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the service lines of Samhita
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting firm/ program management role (e.g Big4)
- MBA, MPA/MPP from reputed university/institute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Project management experience
- High interest working in Social Impact Space, and ability to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute beyond the defined scope of work
Work Location: Remote / preferably based in Mumbai
- Make a big difference: Take, Own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting edge Management and Research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your Linkedin page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.