Organisation Overview (Samhita.org)
Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal reimagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
Role Brief: The role sits within Samhita’s Growth and Innovation team, the apex team responsible for developing and scaling new initiatives as well as orchestrating programs/ initiatives within the organization. The role requires collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to create various financial models that help answer critical questions about existing and new projects. The role is integral for the organization’s REVIVE Alliance, through which we aim to impact 10 million lives in the next 5 years.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the wider Growth and Innovation team and other internal strategy teams to develop hypothesis and financial models for new initiatives using historical data and forecasting.
- Partnering with strategy and implementation teams to test hypothesis and develop related action plans.
- Applying appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions
- Conducting Scenario Analysis based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk.
- Ensuring accurate modelling of allocated portfolios and developing new transaction models and enhancing the existing models.
- Updating financial models during fundraising sessions and following corporate actions.
- Analyzing and identifying data requirements related derivation rules and model tracking.
- Working with team across the organization and with external partners such as funders, implementation organizations, non-profits etc. to develop the strategy for REVIVE
- Creating easy-to-understand visual graphs and representations to synthesize findings.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience on performing financial modelling, financial analysis, valuations etc.
- Excellent knowledge & experience on preparation of high-quality power point presentations and excel based financial modelling & analysis.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Proven experience with financial analysis and expertise in Formulas, charts, macros.
- Competency in investment appraisal techniques like NPV, DCF, IRR etc
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
- Ability to articulate findings in easy-to-understand manner.
- Ability to work across teams, projects and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Candidates with MBA / CFA/ CA qualifications are preferred
Based out of: Remote
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- ● Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply: Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to [email protected], you can also apply on our careers page.